Monday, May 5, 2008

#01.

"I do. I hate your boyfriend too. Because he dumped you."
I laughed.. "Dont hate him either. You shouldnt hate anybody."
"I cant help it. I have to."
"No," I told her, 'you dont have to. If you start by hating one or two people, you wont be able to stop. Pretty soon you'll hate a hundred people."
"A zillion?"
"Even a zillion. A little hatred goes a long, long way. It grows and grows. And it's hungry."
"You keep feeding it more and more people, and the more it gets, the more it wants. It's never satisfied. And pretty soon it squeezes all the love out of your heart" - I pointed to her heart; she looked down at her chest - "and all you'll have left is a hateful heart."

___

#02.

I ran after him, stood at the edge, peering into the dark waters. I could see a shadow moving, and I knew that it wasnt Arnold anymore, it was someone, or something, else, and I wanted to jump in but I was afraid because I knew that once I entered the water I would drown and become a moving shadow myself.
That's when the alarm went off. I awoke clenched and sweating. I felt relieved and not relieved, cause I knew that the dark moving shadow was Perry, and Perry was Ondine and Ondine was Perry, and to prolong a dream moment that was both delicious and dreadful, I chewed time like a wad of bubble gum and stretched it across the darkness all the way to dawn, when the light at the edge of my window told me I was too late to greet the sunrise.

__

#03.

"Ah, yes, the answer. Live today. There."
"Live today.'
"Yes. Live today. Not yesterday. Not tomorrow. Just today. Inhabit your moments. Dont rent them out to tomorrow. Do you know what you're doing when you spend a moment wondering how things are going to turn out with Perry?"
"What am I doing?"
"You're cheating yourself out of today. Today is calling to you, trying to get your attention, but you're stuck on tomorrow, and today trickles away like water down a drain. You wake up the next morning and that today that you wasted is gone forever. It's now yesterday. Some of those moments may have had wonderful things in store for you, but now you'll never know."
__


excerpts from
love,
stargirl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home